There’s a requirement where I have to embed 3rd party Digital Signature inside the form
It turns out in InfoPath 2010 we can directly embed base64 encoded image into the Picture Control. (wow.. no more InfoPath 2007 nightmare huh?)
To test it, I create a Picture and a Button, the button will have rule to inject the image data
1. Insert the Picture Control
It will ask you whether you want to insert as a link or embedded in the form XML. For this demo I use Included in the form (for as a link, you just have to change the Picture Value to the appropriate URL)
2. Set the picture to read-only (I want it to be injected by button event, so the user cannot change the picture)
4. Insert the image base64 string as a field value
5. Test the form
Well the basic ideas of this experiment are; we can replace the field-value by a HTTP call to a page/script/service that generate image or signature in base64 encoded string (or it’s direct URL will do)
I haven’t had the time to publish it to a Form Service, but the Compatibility check for browser mode indicated no Error.
- Captcha in InfoPath?
- 3rd Party Digital Signature
- Generated Image based on user input (chart image?
And that concludes the experiment for today