Cryptic Infopath Error “Field or group: #text”

I get this error on InfoPath 2010 form submit

The form contains the following errors:

Field or group: #text
Error: No exact match was found.

That is because of I set “AccountId” inside Contact Picker to “username()” without setting the other field inside Contact Picker.

I remove the default value in the Contact Picker, and voila! the error has go away!

And then decide to pre-populate the contact picker using VSTA code,
I’ll publish that on next blog post 🙂

Advertisements

5 comments

  1. Selena Jo Mashue · August 9, 2011

    Where is your next post on this? pre-populate the contact picker using VSTA code,

    Thanks!

  2. Chloe · December 5, 2011

    Thank you!!! Couldn’t figure that error out for the life of me 🙂

  3. Pingback: Honestly Infopath ?! What kind of error was that ? "Field or group: #text" « François on Sharepoint
  4. wade · April 12, 2013

    It also appeared when I was calling an account ID in infopath using this:
    substring-after(AccountId[Title = realID], “\”)
    it works in SP, but not in infopath. So for preview just take out the substring part.

  5. Swetha Sankaran · April 24, 2013

    Stuck with that same error.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s